a longtime member of the Big Island business community, Kavana Homes cares about you and your future here.
That's why we encourage all home buyers to understand the Hawaii legal requirements in the home building industry.
When you're deciding on your home builder, make sure the company abides by the following:
- is licensed by the state
- is bondable
- maintains workers compensation insurance for employees
- carries general liability insurance for your project
- follows Hawaii building codes, which include protections against all types of termites, hurricanes and earthquakes
- has your plans stamped by a licensed architect, specifically approved by Hawaii County's building department
- uses an engineer-approved design for cesspool (If the Hawaii Department of Health does not allow a cesspool at your site, a septic design is needed.)
- provides a one-year warranty on their work
- provides a two-year warranty on termites